Thursday, September 13, 2012

Pink'a Moon is On it's Way.

So it's time I start using this blog how I had originally intended. I want to start posting about what I've been learning. The academic growth I'm making, and my exploration of music, history, and culture. It's been nice having a place to publicly vent my feelings, but I think it really hasn't helped as much as it's hurt. So this weekend I'll finish the Salton Sea post and maybe do a little cleaning up, removing the posts that don't fit with the purpose of the blog (i.e. pretty much all of them). I'm stepping away from the events of the beginning of the year and I'm wiping my hands of them. A bunch of shit happened, and now it's over. I can't change the way things turned out and reminiscing is only holding me back from fully throwing myself into my work and striving for the highest. And like I said, I've got work to do, work that includes:

  • A 40 page group history project/presentation
  • A relatively short (2500-3000 word) paper about some topic relating to comics. (I'm thinking something definitely relating to the Revisionary Superhero Narrative).
  • A historiography about the rise of black radicalism in response to violent opposition to student activism during the Civil Rights Movement.
  • Work at the Writing Center
  • Continuing to try and get healthy
  • Applications for graduate schools
  • Practice on the Fasch saxophone sonata
  • MY WRITING SAMPLE!! (which  is also my project for my Comparative Slavery course)
Clearly, I've got quite a bit on my plate. So instead of sulking and beating my head against the wall about what WAS, I'm going to fully immerse myself into everything that IS. And, maybe I'll have a little fun with this blog too :)

Salton post is on its way.

I think I'm gonna be jus' fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment