Sunday, August 12, 2012

My Heirloom


This is the only real souvenir I got for myself when I went to Europe in May. It's a 'waiter model' Swiss Army knife, and I picked it up in Switzerland. This, along with a bitchin' nice tea set and pipe collection, will be something I want to pass down to my firstborn son/daughter or the like and have in the family for generations. Up until yesterday, though, I thought I had lost the knife. I had it in Paris before we left and when we got back, it was no longer where I thought I had put it. Needless to say,  I was pretty heartbroken/butthurt about it.

Yesterday, when I was putting on a pair of jeans (it was chilly), I found the pocketknife in the front pocket. Apparently the day I left I switched back to shorts for the plane ride and didn't realize that the knife was in the pocket.

TL;DR: Found ma knife. Yesterday was a good day.

3 comments: